Pages

Saturday, April 1, 2017

Bronco Stampede

To round out our time in Arizona, a club that is dedicated to Classic Ford Broncos, was having a shin dig in Black Canyon City. They call it the Stampede and it is their biggest event of the year.

I used to be a member of the club about 22 years ago when I lived in Mesa and it was fun to be hanging out with them again, even though I didn't find anyone who I remembered.

There must have been about 60 Bronco's there, although most were now more of a hobby or toy vehicle more than their daily drivers, and many of them were fairly beat up from years of trail riding. I had one of the cleaner and more polished ones and got many compliments on it, but most of the others had much higher lifts and bigger tires and were very modified for off-road use and were much more capable machines when it came to insane trails. Most of the members also didn't worry about needing to be able to drive it the next day (or a little body damage for that matter) and would take their machines out to trails that should be considered impassible and make them look easy, while I was trying to be very careful with mine as I need it to work for the long term without a good place to repair it.

My son and I had a great time showing off our truck and checking out all of the other trucks and we did enjoy a couple of the easier trail rides, while mom and daughter hung out at the in-laws for the weekend.

Group shot, that's mine third from right in the front row

These are for Grandma (my mom), she was hoping we would get a chance to see some desert flowers.




Turkey Creek

a great place to play and relax



Got a little dusty

and added a bit of Arizona pinstripe

Views from the trails


Checking out the other rides

helping change a tire of a fellow 4wheeler


hard to read in the dust

Testing suspension on a test ramp








Son getting some experience behind the wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment