Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

And We're Off.








At the first rest stop in North Carolina



We hit the road today. Our first day of travel after getting out of the Navy. I guess this is the beginning of our travels, yet we don't have our full freedom yet. We are moving the last of our stuff to a storage unit in Colorado.

The Navy gives us one last move to wherever we want to go that we have to use within a year. We are starting this adventure with no definite end, but if it does end and we decided to settle down again, it will probably be in or at least closer to Colorado than out here on the East Coast. Most of my family is in Colorado so it will probably be a default hub anyhow so even for the time being it is a better place for our extra stuff to be.

We got it whittled down to less than a 5x5 storage locker can hold, and a sizable chunk is actually for the kids keepsakes and a large tool box for in case I go back to work wrenching on airplanes. I think we did pretty good. It's all in a 5x8 U-haul trailer right now.

Even though we are in the process of moving, we are trying to get a little adventure in. We aren't going straight to Colorado. We are going back to Jacksonville to see some friends and take care of some DMV items for my son who will be 15 on the 28th and he wants his learners permit. Since we don't have plans to be back in Florida again anytime soon, I guess we should take care of it now. We should be in Jacksonville for this weekend to see friends, and then we will head down I-10 to Pensacola to wait for next Friday when it's my son's birthday. He loves aircraft so he and I will probably make a couple of days at the Naval Air Museum while we wait. Not sure what the girls will find to do yet. Then it will probably be more I-10 till we angle up to Colorado Springs. At least we are moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment