Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Colorado Springs

We finally got a couple of days to relax. The Explorer is in the shop and we are set up in a great campground. We got some shopping and laundry done on Friday and while out walking around saw a jet black Albert's squirrel with tall tufted ears. Had to Google to figure out what it was.
Albert's Squirrel. In this area they are completely black.


When I was walking the dog at dusk I heard and got to see two great horned owls. I saw one fly away and as I was looking up into the tree where he had just come from, there was another sitting about twenty inches tall, just looking at the dog. A few seconds later and it swooped down towards us and flew about 10 feet over my head.
Great Horned Owl. Hard to see but he's right in the center sitting on a branch.
We spent Saturday at my parents place and celebrated my son's birthday a little more properly with my grandmother and my sister and brother in law also there.



 We spent most of the time just catching up and playing games. It was a great day. We even got to see deer feeding by the road on our way back to camp. All of these animals that we see but they are so quick I can't get my phone out fast enough to get pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment